Tuesday, June 09, 2009

coming soon...

A quick update: I'm currently in Boston following six relentless days in new york. Big City!!! ...it's true: the place never sleeps. At least I hardly did, and it wasn't for lack of trying: 1.6 million people on the island alone means Manhattan hums day and night. I'll put up pics as soon as I can; but I took plenty and it may take a few days to get through them.

So far Boston has been great. I've caught up on much needed rest and also been able to explore the historic sights. Today we wandered through the north end visiting Paul Revere's house and the north church, famed for lanterns lit in it's steeple to alert townspeople to the advancement of British troops. "One if by land, two if by sea...". Tomorrow I hope to see Harvard ("hahvahd") and more of the north end.

So far I'm very pleased with this trip. It's a work in progress, and like any good project things often get complicated, confusing, difficult. Some days I find myself totally worn out. I think it wise to allow one day a week to relax, read, rest up. Planning alone eats up many an hour! Nearly all my down time seems devoted to researching hostels, booking and rebooking trains, trying to make connections with friends, planning routes. There's nothing like a good plan, but good plans take time. As I said, always a work in progress. I'm learning, though, and overall that's what matters.

That and patience. Things have a funny way of working out, though often unexpected.

~ Best wishes to all ~

No comments: